I suggest you ...

Project Atomic - Docker - Centos - Fedora - scalable

we would like to see Project Atomic images available to provision droplets with, for docker deployments and openshift "gear" they are the way to go, the boot times are extremely fast compared to a full blown fedora or centos image, they are more secure and rolling updates using the os-tree model makes it a no brainer for large clusters. http://www.projectatomic.io/ the fedora images are ready, centos images will be ready when centos 7 releases.

Project Atomic is backed by RedHat enterprise linux and the Openshift cloud stack.

358 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen MajorStephen Major shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  bschaechterAdminbschaechter (Admin, DigitalOcean) responded  · 

As of 2017.03.05, there is now an API launchable version of Fedora Atomic 25 in “preview/beta” status. You can launch the ‘fedora-25-x64-atomic’ slug to access this image. Due to some outstanding merge requests DigitalOcean can’t make this “official” from either DigitalOcean or Fedora. We would love early feedback though while we work out the final logistics.

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...