I suggest you ...

Add Ram & Disk Usage to Resource graphs.

I like the new resource usage graph but it needs the ram usage.

1,351 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GeoffGeoff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m glad to announce that we’ve just released an update to our Droplet graphs. These new graphs, powered by an open-source monitoring agent, now include both RAM and disk usage. You can find all the details in this blog post:

https://www.digitalocean.com/company/blog/improved-graphs/

This new agent opens up a lot of possibilities for us to provide greater insight into your Droplets. If you’re interested in being one of the first to know as well roll out additional monitoring and alerting features, sign up here:

https://www.digitalocean.com/products/monitoring/

Thanks!

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FabianFabian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this one, DO? It would be great if we could see current RAM and CPU usage, as well as total disk and bandwidth usage.

The graphs are cool, but I would need to see those stats at a first glance, like:

Memory: 21% (199 MB / 993 MB)
        CPU: 4%
        Disk: 17% (3.3 GB / 20 GB)
        Bandwidth: 8% (163 GB / 2 TB)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RAM Graphs For Monitoring Ram Usage of Droplets

hi i need ram usage graphs so i can monitor the droplets ram usage
        please do it for us
        thanks a lot

• Cody S.Cody S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They already have disk usage read write statics, but if you need to check free storage left on your server you can just type the "df -h" command.

• JanJan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I respectfully disagree @Nicholas P. Cole, disk is not a big bottleneck here since digital ocean uses SSD.

• Nicholas P. ColeNicholas P. Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While the host's load averages might be interesting to see, there are many other variables (if a process is disk-bound rather than CPU-bound, as a simple example) that might affect performance and thus those numbers by themselves wouldn't be very useful.

• JanJan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You would add this simple information, if you don't put too many droplet on one host..

• Ihor VorotnovIhor Vorotnov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 for that. Just an overall memory usage graph is a must for quick and easy server monitoring from control panel. And if you see it goes up - then connect to the server and see what's going on there.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base