I suggest you ...

Traffic Stats

When we have now a traffic limit and must pay for over traffic we really need traffic stats so we can see what we have to pay when traffic is empty and pay traffic begin ;)

1,598 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Giacomo TüfekciGiacomo Tüfekci shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew JonesAndrew Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must for me would be to have the option to halt network traffic to prevent charges above a certain traffic threshold.

Not the case for everyone, but quite a number of small-scale developers I'm sure would rather have a few hours of downtime than have a $1000 bill all of a sudden (think DDOS, some mistake in a script, whatever, causing a load of unplanned bandwidth usage).

• Dovid BenderDovid Bender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to see this as well! We need to have our won stats to see how applications are performing etc.

• EvrenEvren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No need this. Because I'm about to quit DO for this reason. You are charging for it and you do not provide any information about it.

• PatPat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey DO ! customers desperately need this feature. Please implement it

• smithsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had already created droplet. For example this droplet's transfer is limited to 1TB/per month
        How can I view the transfer count for per month?
        Thanks a lot.

• First Mayro A HutaurukFirst Mayro A Hutauruk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to maintain traffic, so please aplay traffic tools like kabotage say :
        - Overall Bandwith used in hour/week/month
        - Incoming/Outgoing traffic
        - Overall Bandwith per process/ports/IP etc
        - Remaining Bandwith for this month
        - Overall Usage/Charge this hour/week/month

Others
        - Auto email alerts for bandwith limits/option to upgrade
        - Auto lock bandwith to avoid additional charges

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just leave it as it is. There was no charge for additional bandwidth since DO started. And it doesn't seems its bothering them as for past three years they didn't implement it, it is not hard work just to gather statistics.

• AviAvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gonna re-post the anonymous comment:
        If implemented, I certainly hope that all the TB offered by all the droplets we use will be cumulated and the total used against our usage because there is no real good way for us to correctly balance that and backend computers do not use much bandwidth at all so for us those would result in a big waste of all those neat TB offered!

• Vantoan8xVantoan8x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the answer from DO Supporter for traffic cost.

"
        At this time, traffic statistics are not yet available. Until these statistics are readily available to you, we will not process any charges for transfer that exceeds your Droplet allocation.
        "

So at this time we can encourage to use this DO!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep to add to this we need:
        piece of mind: if we hit the limit then future transfers are not allowed until we choose to pay (no one wants surprise bills)
        Early warning: let us know when we have got 25% through our limit, 50% through our limit 75% 80% 90%

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base