I suggest you ...

Brazilian DataCenter

What is the possibility of creating data centers in Brazil or in Latin America? The latency is high here!

But would also like to congratulate you for the quality and support!

4,661 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rodolfo Rodrigo Menardi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

449 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AWS instances waiting to be migrated.
        Csn't use ny or SF for latam because high latency.
        Its 10k km from argentina to ny

• Ciro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After almost 4 years, nothing happens. This is the respect with Latam consumers :(

• Ygor Lemos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey DO strategy guys, take a look at Equinix Datacenter in Sao Paulo, they have recently opened a new giant datacenter with an awesome infrastructure and very aggressive pricing on the São Paulo region here in Brazil. I think DO could do a colocation deal with them and set something up relatively quick. They have probably the best Datacenter infrastructure in the country and their colocation pricing is very aggressive indeed. check it out: https://www.equinix.com/locations/brazil-colocation/sao-paulo-data-centers/sp3/

• Shirkit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add that if it's easier, please open in another South American country. Brazil has been known for it's horrible incentive towards companies, and maybe in another near country would be easier, since brazillian governament is so archaic.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also agree there should be, living here I do understand there are many obstacles on setting up business here, but as someone who needs a close infraestructure as many other clients of DO it would surely have a great return! I really liked the service here, even tho I had to move to AWS due to the latency problem. I would be surely willing to come back with you guys if the was a either Brazil-based or South American datacenter.

• Joao Paulo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be awesome DigitalOcean here in Brazil!!
        Please we need a new datacenter in Brazil!

Just remembering that amazon already did it!
        Thanks

• João Victor #ContenteTV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 serviço muito bom mas poucas opções de localização , olha a vultr ? mas mesmo assim um datacenter em são paulo ou rio de janeiro seria de bom agrado.

Are you planning to open a datacenter in Brazil? I am an DO client and am looking forward to the Brazilian DC :D

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base