I suggest you ...

Brazilian DataCenter

What is the possibility of creating data centers in Brazil or in Latin America? The latency is high here!

But would also like to congratulate you for the quality and support!

4,215 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rodolfo Rodrigo MenardiRodolfo Rodrigo Menardi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

419 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rodrigo RenieRodrigo Renie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3, not only the latency here is high, but there's no one that offer a service nearly as awesome as you guys do!

• LuisLuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi support, Luis from fatorbinario here.

If you guys offer Brazilian datacenters I can triple the public that I already sent to you in a few months.

But do this when you can, it's great as it is but it could be amazing.

• Rogério VitielloRogério Vitiello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Brazil we only have AWS and IBM Blue Mix (Softlayer). One is impossible to plan how money you will spend, since all things are charged individually, and is easy to get some surprises. Other is expensive (+$25 for a very simple VPS). For small projects, testing VPS, we have no option.

• Caio Ferreira SilvaCaio Ferreira Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't had the time to test and compare yet, but there is a now a similar VPS provider with roughly the same price as DO: http://www.locaweb.com.br/cloud/vps-locaweb/

Customer service and panel functionalities are eons from being as we have with DO, though.

As most of my projects target Brazilian users, latency is important. I always turned a blind eye because DO hadn't no real competitors here, but I am seriously considering migrating out, as hurtful as it is, and I surely am not the only one thinking about it. This sort of "loyalty" in business can only go so far.

Also, somehow Locaweb managed to provide this kind of service with a really competitive price. It proves it is not impossible. Maybe DO should take advantage of our economy crisis and make an investment, even because the crisis is not hitting I.T. so hard as it is hitting other fields.

• Diogo CasadoDiogo Casado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, It's true latency is high but around 160ms tops if you stay at capital cities (Sp/Rj). The main problem is that latency inside the country is already huge if you compare to the one going oversea. Good news is that a new cable will be deployed connecting Sp directly to Nyc. That's why we chose to focus our droplets at Nyc datacenters. This could drop the latency up to 30%.

For more info: http://www.submarinecablemap.com/#/submarine-cable/seabras-1
        Will go live June/2017 currently being manufactured.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's totally necessary to have a DO datacenter in Latin America! Argentina or Brazil!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if my clients could experience less delay in their requests to my system. With this datacenter in Brazil, they can do it!

• Thomas ZickellThomas Zickell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must you need to capture markets that are in need by many companies trying to be fast all over the world you will revolutionize this industry more than you think if you go after the data centers in the least likely places. South America is a must

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base