I suggest you ...

Allow Custom Images

Allow users to upload ISO's of Linux installations they would like to use. For instance, I was hoping to install Slackware 14; if users could upload their own ISOs you wouldn't have to keep adding distros as they wanted them.

5,834 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cora SykesCora Sykes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

425 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick TaylorNick Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really would be amazing! We currently have to go to Vultr when we need a custom ISO what sucks as we all love DO so much more!

• Kyler ChinKyler Chin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problems are that they can't be deployed to DigitalOcean's servers, as well as they would have a hard time booting. ;)

• Andrew Paulo RobilloAndrew Paulo Robillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted on a separate idea for support of the Devuan distro. Either that or this should work: we need an OS as dependable as Debian but without that systemd plague.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to load up customer ISOs for ASterisk flavors Freepbx in mind here. It's much easier to load up a prebuilt ISO than have to roll your own - other vendors are doing this, D.O. needs to step up to the plate.

Thanks leon

• Tyler SowersTyler Sowers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry guys but I don't think this is ever going to happen. They actually completed the code for it but clearly have no desire to release it [0]. It's obvious that DO doesn't want to allow this for business reasons, as they have never replied to this issue which has now been open for quite some time.

I would suggest Vultr or another provider that allows you to host custom ISOs, there are now many.

[0]:https://twitter.com/digitalocean/status/176338623053045760

• KnobeeKnobee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd buy a 300GB instance today if I was able to install from my own image....

• Jason SimmonsJason Simmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be interested in using Digital Ocean if this feature was available. Iooking for an environment to deploy a number of custom debian based unified communication systems

HI,
        We want our own ISo to be install while creating Droplet can you put that option so it will be ease for us?

Regards,
        Mukesh . R

I would like to abstract our network topology with a software firewall that supports OpenFlow or the like

• fyredrakenfyredraken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

being able to add an iso would be prudent. I would like to be able to use the freepbx official release which is a centos linux release.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

Feedback and Knowledge Base