I suggest you ...

Allow Custom Images

Allow users to upload ISO's of Linux installations they would like to use. For instance, I was hoping to install Slackware 14; if users could upload their own ISOs you wouldn't have to keep adding distros as they wanted them.

5,623 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cora SykesCora Sykes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

415 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KnobeeKnobee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd buy a 300GB instance today if I was able to install from my own image....

• Jason SimmonsJason Simmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be interested in using Digital Ocean if this feature was available. Iooking for an environment to deploy a number of custom debian based unified communication systems

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI,
        We want our own ISo to be install while creating Droplet can you put that option so it will be ease for us?

Regards,
        Mukesh . R

I would like to abstract our network topology with a software firewall that supports OpenFlow or the like

• fyredrakenfyredraken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

being able to add an iso would be prudent. I would like to be able to use the freepbx official release which is a centos linux release.

Would love to be able to upload existing VMX. Would be willing to bend the CEO's ear to move the whole farm to your cloud because I like the way everything else works and of course the price would sell itself.

This would make my life a lot easier. In order to get a custom OS installed, I have to install Debian then pivot_root out of it so I can install Gentoo or whatever custom OS i choose to use. Put in a disclaimer somewhere that says your tech support cannot offer guidance on custom ISOs, because there *are* consumers out there who are a little more knowledgeable than a majority of your technicians. Or, at least make it so I can change the OS label on the Droplets view ... :-)

I think could add to upload not only customized ISO, but ready images in OVA / OVF format . This might be interesting for some customized solutions where is not possible to simple install from a fresh installation ....

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base