(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nenad Ticaric shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Candido dessanti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great but with the latest Eula from nvidia it’s not legal to use GeForce class videocards in data center for tasks like ML and AI; only quadro and Tesla are allowed.
        I would rent to use GPUs powered database anyway

• Adrian Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same! Am using DO for most of my cloud server work. Adding GPU adds the machine learning feature well for DO! :)

• Kaloyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding consumer oriented GPUs could be a really big win. I would look at Nnvidia's 1070/1080/1080TIs/Volta. Amazon is not in a great situation with their offer of AI oriented hardware at the moment (actually they have never been). They offer only enterprise stuff which are not always the most efficient way to satisfy this niche. For instance I get 3-5 times better results with a single 1080TI vs AWS p2.xlarge ( which costs ~750$/month, same as the 1080TI).

BTW, I really like the effort DO is putting to compete with AWS. Would love to see where all this goes.

Cheers
        Kaloyan

• AdminKeith Gonzales (Admin, DigitalOcean) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nenad,
        Great suggestion! I'm a Product Manger here at DigitalOcean working on Machine Learning and I. I just wanted to send a quite note to let you know that we are researching GPUs right now. Also, be sure to check out our Machine Learning One-Click by looking into https://do.co/ml.
        More to come soon,
        Keith

Feedback and Knowledge Base