I suggest you ...

Load balancer / Load Balancing Service

Please add loadbalancers as well so that we can use it for larger projects as well. I see that some one else already mentioned the Firewall and DNS

Good pricing....

1,788 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Suhas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminRafael Rosa (Admin, DigitalOcean) responded  · 

Hello,

It’s with great pleasure that we announce the availability of DigitalOcean Load Balancers, a fully managed, highly available service that you can deploy as easily as a Droplet. You can read the full announcement on our blog:

https://www.digitalocean.com/company/blog/load-balancers-simplifying-high-availability/

We still have many improvements planned for the product, stay tuned for updates soon, feel free to send us feedback.

Thanks,
    The High Availability team at DigitalOcean

81 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Woot! Finally! I have been tracking this since 2013! A little late to market and i had given up hope but progress no matter how small or slow is still encouraged. Cant wait

• Kris Forbes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope to see:
        - High availability on load balancer itself (not just vm template +api+gui)
        - highly configurable health checking options per backend

• Ben Yanke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple load balancing service in the gui with priority, let's encrypt, and api access would be more than enough for a lot of people.

• Ben Yanke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this really should be done, not as a droplet but as a core gui service...not unlike the floating IP service.

This would be amazing not to have to set up load balancing by hand, especially on simpler projects that don't need the overkill of nginx.

• MaXwell Falstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could build a load balancer from a droplet with private networking.

Nginx is an excellent load balancer.

I think floating IPs need to be enhanced to have a lot more well rounded SDN features.

• Vladimir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'll be really great to have some LB options.

I think it'll be not that hard to get a beta of LB service, based on something like BGP Equal Cost Path over bunch of IPVS-based loadbalancers, to provide generic TCP/UDP load-balancer for everybody, because it's more or less standard stuff and quite cheap cause you still can use your normal servers (just with good Intel NICs)
        It can also be nice to have some advanced L7 balancing for HTTP (or even HTTPS, especially if you'll integrate it with Let's Encrypt), which also can be achived with BGP ECMP over bunch of commodity servers with good network + cpu and haproxy on them.

• Wei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you just buy pikacloud.com and bring the service over to the U.S. ?

• Paris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very hot and old topic. We would appreciate any official feedback regarding the status of this so wanted feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base