I suggest you ...

Integrate Let's Encrypt free SSL certificates

It would be totally awesome if you could integrate Let's Encrypt SSL certificate management (installation, renewal, etc.) into the control panel, so they can be attached to load balancers or even single droplets. This would really help getting started with SSL and making the internet a safer place!

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TillTill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Damiano BarbatiDamiano Barbati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree but only if you can manage to make it work flawlessly: 12months duration and wildcard support.
        I had hard times with Let's Encrypt because of the aforementioned.

• Ben YankeBen Yanke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - it's a shame it's not integrated in the load balancer. That's the singular reason I'm not using it, to be honest.

• David VenterDavid Venter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will make things a lot easier than having to use certbot. When will this be implemented?

• Jesse JonesJesse Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is even better than how Amazon addressed the certificate solution. It's nice and all that they got their own CA cert so they can issue free certs to customers, but by using an open solution (LetsEncrypt) you aren't tying your certs to your product, increasing the likelihood of adoption -- and let's face it, why would anyone want to switch away from DO anyways? :D

Feedback and Knowledge Base