Fixes to the new Domain/DNS interface
1. The new Domain/DNS interface seems to have lost some valuable features. From what I recall, the old interface for a domain's DNS records had:
- Color codes for DNS record types (very helpful for quick looks).
- Grouped DNS records order with A, CNAME etc. listed first.
- Raw DNS record at the bottom. (There is a "Download zone" option in the domains list view, but I'd prefer to also have the raw record at the bottom, both for quick glances and copy/paste.)
These valuable features have disappeared since the update. DNS records for a domain are now listed in order of creation, in a mish-mash of all types, which is really not a helpful sorting order. Please make it an option, rather than the default view.
2. The view with a domain list now has a column with "Directs to", showing the droplet a domain points to. However, if there are two or more A records pointing to the same IP, it says "multiple locations" instead. Most of my domains also have a mail.example.com A record, which makes this feature almost useless. Should be easy to fix.
Emanuele Mazzotta commented
Also, it'd be great if the dns records table could be sorted by attributes such as type, hostname, ttl or value