I suggest you ...

Fixes to the new Domain/DNS interface

1. The new Domain/DNS interface seems to have lost some valuable features. From what I recall, the old interface for a domain's DNS records had:

- Color codes for DNS record types (very helpful for quick looks).
- Grouped DNS records order with A, CNAME etc. listed first.
- Raw DNS record at the bottom. (There is a "Download zone" option in the domains list view, but I'd prefer to also have the raw record at the bottom, both for quick glances and copy/paste.)

These valuable features have disappeared since the update. DNS records for a domain are now listed in order of creation, in a mish-mash of all types, which is really not a helpful sorting order. Please make it an option, rather than the default view.

2. The view with a domain list now has a column with "Directs to", showing the droplet a domain points to. However, if there are two or more A records pointing to the same IP, it says "multiple locations" instead. Most of my domains also have a mail.example.com A record, which makes this feature almost useless. Should be easy to fix.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Markus A.O.Markus A.O. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...