DigitalOcean

Your feedback drives our design process. Your votes count! Let us know what you want to see from the DigitalOcean cloud.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Integrate Let's Encrypt free SSL certificates

It would be totally awesome if you could integrate Let's Encrypt SSL certificate management (installation, renewal, etc.) into the control panel, so they can be attached to load balancers or even single droplets. This would really help getting started with SSL and making the internet a safer place!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Select/Add other email address for Monitoring Policies

Currently, when you create new policy, you can only select your own email address or Connect to Slack.

Since some or many people will have a team which they have created droplets, it would be good to include a field to add new email address or select the team email address to send the alert to, instead of only allowing the user to only choose their own email address.

I am not sure if this feature is already planned. But i hope this can be added in. Thank you.

48 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Ask for password before issuing a destroy or rebuild

When destroy a droplet, system should ask to enter password to confirm before delete it for more safety. Since this is the most important decision.

347 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have been slowly rolling this out to users and tweaking it along the way. We will continue to increase the number of users this is deployed to over the coming weeks and I will keep this thread updated as to when it will launch to everyone.

• Publish your capacity issues

We were unpleasantly surprised by a capacity issue in Amsterdam yesterday, which is still ongoing. You can't create any new instances in this zone.

In our business model, it is essential that we can continue to scale upwards on demand. I belive that's one of the main reasons for anybody to choose a cloud provider over handling your own servers.

I contacted support and got the following answer: "Unfortunately we do not currently have an ETA on the additional capacity in Amsterdam. Please check back in a few days."

I can live with this right now, because we're still in…

62 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing up this issue and apologies on the delayed response. There have been a large number of changes that we have implemented and are continuing to implement to resolve this matter permanently.

First and foremost since this was first brought up in the close of 2013 we have raised a large series A round led by Andressen Horowitz. The primary purpose for this fund-raise was to better finance the company to ensure that we could purchase equipment as necessary and continue to scale.

Since that round close we have many times improved our procurement and provisioning process to better meet the demands of our customers.

There are many incremental steps that we have taken to ensure capacity in all regions including those that are outside of the US.

The next steps that we have taken is to provide better international coverage so that customers can select facilities that…

• Support Page Improvement

When a user is logged in and visits the support page it should also include a link to the Help & Community section. This way a user doesn't have to go back to digitalocean.com to access the awesome and help and community section.

2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve started working on a rather large improvement to the help system inside of the control panel.

We’ll be launching it in the next 1-2 months and we hope that it will make it much easier to surface relevant information quickly.

Thanks,
              Moisey

• Don't see your idea?

DigitalOcean

Feedback and Knowledge Base