I suggest you ...

support BSD OS?

It would be great to run any BSD in your droplet.

3,549 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jmtjmt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    VINCENTVINCENT shared a merged idea: Do you know vultr.com supports FreeBSD OS?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow spinning up freeBSD droplets  ·   · 
    Kevin Barry Kevin Barry shared a merged idea: Offer droplets for all the BSDs  ·   · 
    denis zabiyakodenis zabiyako shared a merged idea: Let users use FreeBSD 9 for their droplets. please add it to your OS list  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add BSD as operating system  ·   · 
    Victor WarrenVictor Warren shared a merged idea: freebsd kvm instance or manual installation from console  ·   · 
    leoleo shared a merged idea: would it be possible to create a freebsd image?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: When are you planning to add freebsd/openbsd ?  ·   · 
    VictorVictor shared a merged idea: You can deploy FreeBSD as guest server. would be fine!  ·   · 
    Eldon HerpenderperEldon Herpenderper shared a merged idea: Setup a FreeBSD image ASAP.  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Sam GimbelAdminSam Gimbel (Admin, DigitalOcean) responded  · 

All,

We’re pleased to announce the release of FreeBSD on DigitalOcean today. You can create droplets using the FreeBSD image via the Create page or the API. Please note that FreeBSD creates require an SSH key and root passwords are not supported.

Our community team has compiled tons of useful information and tutorials which can be found on our community site here:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tags/freebsd

For those of you looking for us to add similar but distinct distros, please submit a new Uservoice request so we can gauge the level of interest.

Thank you everyone for your continued involvement. Enjoy FreeBSD on DO!

Thanks,
    Sam Gimbel
    Product Manager

451 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bwengbweng commented  · 

Are you going to support NetBSD as one of the three BSDs? NetBSD is the father of OpenBSD after all :-)

• VictorVictor commented  · 

Thank you so much!!!

• Rick HansonRick Hanson commented  · 

Thank you, Sam and the rest of the team!

• Hoping For Better DaysHoping For Better Days commented  · 

@James Adam, just like Linux taught me to appreciate FreeBSD, FreeBSD taught me to appreciate OpenBSD.

OpenBSD -- the world's simplest and most secure Unix-like OS. Creator of the world's most used SSH implementation OpenSSH, the world's most elegant firewall PF, the world's most elegant mail server OpenSMTPD, the OpenSSL rewrite LibreSSL, and the NTP rewrite OpenNTPD. OpenBSD -- the cleanest kernel, the cleanest userland and the cleanest configuration syntax.

Might want to look into that as well.

Cheers!

• James AdamJames Adam commented  · 

I think with the recent systemd travesty, a lot of linux folks are going to be seriously looking at the BSDs. I've always liked FreeBSD more than linux (it's more unix-ey), but have been using linux simply because it was easier to find hosting. I've got an app in development now that I would love to be able to deploy on FreeBSD in the near future. I'm about done with Debian, and I've never liked the RH-based distros (I hear nothing but bad things about CentOS 7).

• AlanAlan commented  · 

+3 All BSDs

• Pedro GiffuniPedro Giffuni commented  · 

+1 FreeBSD

I am biased but it's on AWS and Azure so you can't afford not to have it if you want to be competitive nowadays ;).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base