I suggest you ...

Choose your own backup interval

At the moment automatic backups are taken 'every few days' (I can't find how many days exactly, but I know it's way too many).

I was having the following idea:
- Users pay 1$ per month to enable automatic backups
- Depending on their plan, they have a few slots available (you'll unlock additional slots by upgrading to a better plan)
- You can choose your own interval (twice a day, once a day, once a week)
- If you run out of slots, the oldest backup will be destroyed automatically to make space for a new backup

This way everyone can choose their own interval but everyone will get and pay the same.

79 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Louis MatthijssenLouis Matthijssen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Edward GranvilleEdward Granville shared a merged idea: At what time do auto backups run and does it consume resources  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leo WanderslebLeo Wandersleb commented  · 

I consider the current backup mechanism to be broken and bet it has high priority because it simply is no backup if it at times goes 10 days without backup although it presumably charges me extra for backups. When I complained about that, they told me, they would actually not charge me anyway, so yeah, they know this for sure.

• HawaiiHawaii commented  · 

Maybe they need to randomize the schedule , otherwise its too much load on the snap shot system

• Cloud AdministratorCloud Administrator commented  · 

The current auto-backup scheme defeat the purpose to have peace-of-mind that your servers will always backed up with the necessary frequencies. We are not even sure whether our data is securely backed up or not in case a disaster occured :(
        Please DO put this feature available asap.
        Thank you.

• HeihachiHeihachi commented  · 

Nice idea. I also don't like current auto-backup system - once every few days.

Feedback and Knowledge Base