I suggest you ...

Allow users to cancel actions like snapshots and droplet creation

Creation of cancel button command, to delayed or not response actions in the server.

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Show progress and ability to cancel as the snapshot is transferred  ·   · 
    RaphaelRaphael shared a merged idea: Add option to cancel droplet creation  ·   · 
    Gerardo PeralesGerardo Perales shared a merged idea: Allow users to cancel a snapshot request  ·   · 

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter IsburghPeter Isburgh commented  · 

Agree there must be a way for customer to decide when the window for a snapshot is over, since the machine is offline. Can't hold the domain hostage. Not sure if the progress bar is accurate either. Look forward to Singapore-like solution with online snapshots of a mirror. Thanks!

• Tobias EigenTobias Eigen commented  · 

I'd also like to be able to know more about what is happening when a snapshot is being created and cancel it if it's taking too long. Still waiting after 20 minutes.

• Anonymous commented  · 

yes, I am also facing the same snapshot stuck problem. Please add the cancel option.

• haim arihaim ari commented  · 

snapshot is already running for 8 Min... knowing when it's going to end or being able to cancel it
        would help

• Anonymous commented  · 

For example, I pressed to take a snapshot with the server off and it got held in the processing status....

• Anonymous commented  · 

Creating a snapshot went from 3 minutes to....I have no idea as it is still running after 15 minutes. I only changed 3 config lines.....As the droplet is a very heavy used redirector, such long downtime is really bad. What makes it take this long?

Glad I found out pre-production :)

• Sean KennedySean Kennedy commented  · 

Just chiming in; definitely would love to see some sort of timer indicating how long the snapshot process is going to take with the option to cancel it.

• Chris.Chris. commented  · 

I came here as it was Processing... longer than a previous snapshot tool. I assume this is due to some queue on your backend. Maybe you could indicate to the user how big the queue is if this is the reason. I would rather know its being stalled because of your system load rather than what seems like an inconstant failure of some kind. Anyways, snapshots are a awesome feature :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base