I suggest you ...

Double the cores for every plan

Linode has 8 CPUs for each server at least, I suggest you double the cores for every plan or plans above $10

172 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    hustcerhustcer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

It's a good idea to increase CPU ...I didn't use Linode, but, even so, I would want DO to do it.

• Zachary DuBoisZachary DuBois commented  · 

Haydrion, completely false. I payed +$300/m on Linode for 7 VPSs. They were slow as hell. I now have much more resources and speed on DigitalOcean than linode and almost a third of the price. Not to meantion that they are much faster with the SSD and the CPU DigitalOcean does.

• HaydrionHaydrion commented  · 

It is also annoying that people are like to do the Linode vs Digital Ocean topics, digi is new, Linode is here for years. They are leading and that will always be how much Digital Ocean is trying to do, they will never get the level of Linode

• HaydrionHaydrion commented  · 

Linode is just better than Digital Ocean ! End of Story ! Why you pay more by Linode is because on Linode you have more freedom than by Digital Ocean. $5 for a VPS .. serious .. don't expect amazing things or even better things that you have by Linode

• Zachary DuBoisZachary DuBois commented  · 

Problem is, Linode is prioritized CPU not the awesome DigitalOcean CPU. No +1 from me :/

• Bob MonteverdeBob Monteverde commented  · 

While this would be amazing, it may not be practical at the current cost. On the other hand, I find it very useful to have at least 2 [v]CPUs per a droplet. Having to pay for a $20 a month droplet, when I don't need the extra RAM is a little steep.

I would be more than happy if you just gave the 1 GB plan 2 cores. It makes sense to keep the 512mb plan 1 core.

I suppose there is still an issue with the larger plans having few cores, but my vote still is to just boost the 1gb plan to 2 cores.

• Teshoo LamaTeshoo Lama commented  · 

The way CPU cores scale through your price plans penalises your bigger customers. At things stand, Bitcoin miners pay $5 per core, while on the 8GB plan we're paying $20 per core. I understand you're primarily competing on RAM, but charging 4x more per core is just extreme.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think increasing ram would be better from 512 to 728 or something.

• VincentVincent commented  · 

From what I see on Linode, you are on a server with cpu with 8 physical core but you have access to 1 virtual core like Digital Ocean.

• JeffreyJeffrey commented  · 

Linode is more expensive, so don't expect DigitalOcean to double the amount of cores without charging you more. It doesn't just work like that.

• Simon WestSimon West commented  · 

Linode also seems to be considerably more expensive than Digital Ocean.

Feedback and Knowledge Base