I suggest you ...

Bitcoin Payment Method

Bitcoin is a Peer to Peer digital currency with worldwide implications. Its value is changing rapidly just like oil did during its early days of adoption.

That aside, it is a new technology and is beginning to be widely used. One of the largest internet company's in China started accepting them, WordPress accepts them and many more are starting to accept them every day.

I don't want to see Digital Ocean lose out on this technology.

I suggest you take a good hard look in the adoption of this new payment system.

3,254 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Travis R ClarkTravis R Clark shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    aminamin shared a merged idea: Paypal payment processor issue , hope you provide other payment processor, e.g bitcoin ,etc  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add dogecoin as a payment method!  ·   · 
    Anthony MartinezAnthony Martinez shared a merged idea: Accept Bitcoin for payment.  ·   · 
    Manthan M.Manthan M. shared a merged idea: Accept bitcoin. (Very Simple With Coinbase)  ·   · 

284 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John SmithJohn Smith commented  · 

namecheap.com accepts Bitcoin, I bought an SSL Wildcard certificate from them.

• Jeffrey LebowskiJeffrey Lebowski commented  · 

Digital Ocean. I believe your reaction to this is overdue. This thread was posted on Oct. 23, 2013.

• Jeffrey LebowskiJeffrey Lebowski commented  · 

I vote yes to bitcoin. Fucking credit card nightmares with them cancelling every transaction that they wish saying they are protecting me from fraud. Motherfucking waste of time, those credit card bitches.

• Fernando AFernando A commented  · 

"I'd avoid conversion and credit card fees by paying with Bitcoin. You can't implement this soon enough!" The other guy's words exactly the same.

• ottodvottodv commented  · 

I'd avoid conversion and credit card fees by paying with Bitcoin. You can't implement this soon enough!

• aminamin commented  · 

i have lots of issue with paypal payment, have contact support and he say its paypal issue about country , therefore i cant order digitalocean service till now,
        have asked to pay with other payment e.g. okpay, pefectmoney, bitcoin , etc, but they said, cant accept this time.

hope it will applied soon.

• Rolo VoloRolo Volo commented  · 

Bitcoin is backed by mathematics, open source code, cryptography and the most powerful and secure decentralized distributed computational network on the planet, orders of magnitude more powerful than google and government combined. There is a limit of 21 million bitcoins (divisible in smaller units). Dollars are not backed by gold anymore since long time ago, they are printed by the trillions out of nothing by the private institution called "Federal" Reserve.

Receive and transfer money, from cents (micropayments) to thousands:
        Almost for free (a few cents fee).
        Privacy (no need to expose personal information)
        Securely (encrypted cryptographically)
        Instantly (from seconds to a few minutes)
        Open source (auditable by anybody)
        Worldwide (from anywhere to anywhere on the planet).
        Peer-to-peer (no intermediaries with a cut)
        Public ledger (transparent, seen by everybody)
        Decentralized (distributed with no single point of failure)
        No chargebacks-No fraud ('push' vs' 'pull' transactions).

• Fabio MontefuscoloFabio Montefuscolo commented  · 

Here in country that I live, we have to pay a lot of taxes to import hosting services. There are government taxes and bank taxes. It sums almost 50% of offered price. The bitcoin acceptance can be a nice tributary bypass and also a relief to startups and small business. Please, help us to buy from digitalocean.

• Fernando AFernando A commented  · 

I would like you to accept bitcoins, because my country's banking system is restrictive on outside spending. I have difficulty getting a credit card that works without contacting the bank and asking for authorization, I have to specify the date start and date end of usage althout the card was aquired for international usage...

• nicky laidlawnicky laidlaw commented  · 

I use bitcoin often and feel that bitcoin is the future of currency for the world. Microsoft are already accepting bitcoin, please do not fall behind.

• Anonymous commented  · 

If DO starts accepting Bitcoin, DO will get FREE marketing and Advertising. Bitcoin is not a just a P2P currency, or network, but a community of avid users who promote business' that accept the currency for transactions. I'm sure it would be a great CoinTelegraph article.

• LucasLucas commented  · 

YES! PLEASE! I'd happily pay for larger droplets if I am able to use bitcoin! And I would pay less taxes and Digital ocean too! is a win/win solution! Please add it ASAP! <3

• Logan KoesterLogan Koester commented  · 

I use another cloud service primarily, but have started experimenting with Digital Ocean and am very impressed so far.

I may start switching some of my business over to DO as the advantages seem to keep stacking up. There is still some inertia to overcome before justifying such a decision, and Bitcoin support might just push me over the edge.

• MickeyMickey commented  · 

I have a lot of bitcoins, I would like to be able to spend them to support my bitcoin business on hardware bought with bitcoins!

• Anonymous commented  · 

As a long time DO customer, I would love the option to pay in Bitcoin.

• Bob JohnstonBob Johnston commented  · 

If you don't want to deal with bitcoin per say just use BitPay, you can set it up in about five minutes and just collect the fiat of your choice.

• Yoni JahYoni Jah commented  · 

I decided not to wait any more
        https://www.vultr.com/ support bitcoin payment.
        af they are cheaper ( I'm just now trying to figure with their customer support why do I have to pay to start my free trial )

• FreddieFreddie commented  · 

Still waiting for this !

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base