I suggest you ...

Email status updates from status.digitalocean.com

Right now status updates are shown inside the control panel and on status.digitalocean.com but I would love to get them by email cause I can't keep checking those sites 24/7.

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WyriHaximusWyriHaximus shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zachary DuBoisZachary DuBois commented  · 

You can tell IFTTT to send and email when the feed is updated. That's how I do it.

• Brian HanifinBrian Hanifin commented  · 

I just setup two IFTTT recipes that might help you out. One sends you an Email every time a new status is posted, and the other allows you to only Email you when your region is mentioned.

I set up mine to Email me when 'SFO' is mentioned.

https://ifttt.com/recipes/search?q=DigitalOcean

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be so useful. The recent routing issues in AMS caused us headaches, and we were struggling to work out where the problem was. Could have saved us a load of diagnostics time on our own servers if we'd known that there was a network problem in advance.

The status page isn't exactly well advertised !

• WyriHaximusWyriHaximus commented  · 

@Frank or ever better, let you specify what locations you want updates for. For example if you currently have droplets in SF1 and want to expand to AMS1 but it's locked again. You can get a notification when it's open again.

• Frank de JongeFrank de Jonge commented  · 

Would be great if those would be specific for the locations where the account has droplets.

Feedback and Knowledge Base