I suggest you ...

Add Ram & Disk Usage to Resource graphs.

I like the new resource usage graph but it needs the ram usage.

1,053 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GeoffGeoff shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Paulo FreitasPaulo Freitas shared a merged idea: Better Droplets dashboard  ·   · 
    David HaririDavid Hariri shared a merged idea: Add disk usage stats  ·   · 
    Alister CameronAlister Cameron shared a merged idea: RAM on graphs page  ·   · 
    Razvan gherghinaRazvan gherghina shared a merged idea: improve statistics  ·   · 
    Gabriel Jeremy JeldoGabriel Jeremy Jeldo shared a merged idea: Add this to the Control panel (as on 30 Apr 2013)  ·   · 
    started  ·  Moisey UretskyAdminMoisey Uretsky (Head of Product, Digital Ocean) responded  · 

We’re excited to move this request over to “Started”, which means that our engineering team has started writing code for this new project.

When we first launched analytics we wanted to do it from the hypervisor so that customers wouldn’t need to run an agent locally on their systems. However the pitfall of that is that certain metrics aren’t visible to hypervisor through the VM, such as disk space usage and how RAM is utilized.

After rolling out analytics and scaling that to manage hundreds of thousands of droplets we wanted to expand on the analytics service as it will become a cornerstone of many other features that we want to build out.

Having run the analytics service in it’s current iteration for many months we’ve been able to gather a ton of information on usage as well as receiving many requests through UserVoice on improvements which we want to include into the new service.

As a result we decided to build a new analytics service from the ground-up that would address the requests that customers had, provide a better service, and also make it more extensible for future product releases.

Thanks!

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cody S.Cody S. commented  · 

They already have disk usage read write statics, but if you need to check free storage left on your server you can just type the "df -h" command.

• Anton ZuenkoAnton Zuenko commented  · 

Yep, disk and RAM usage would be great to have!

• Ihor VorotnovIhor Vorotnov commented  · 

+3 for that. Just an overall memory usage graph is a must for quick and easy server monitoring from control panel. And if you see it goes up - then connect to the server and see what's going on there.

• 李开元李开元 commented  · 

you can use Landscape to monitor if your server is running Ubuntu 14.04 Alpha 2

• Chris HillChris Hill commented  · 

I agree, excellent idea. I think CPU is always shown and RAM would complete the panel.

• GroenteLaGroenteLa commented  · 

I see that some people vote for this when they want stats like apache memory usage. If you need detailed mem stats, install something like Munin. DO can only examine activity from the outside of your droplet. Like CPU and disk usage, this will only give you a number of how active your droplet is in memory usage but not what is causing the activity. For CPU you can see how active the droplet is, but not which process is causing the activity. Same goes for disk: you can see disk throughput, but not which files are involved.

There is a nice article on munin here: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-install-munin-on-an-ubuntu-vps

• INeedMySpaceINeedMySpace commented  · 

Mem usage is needed as bandwidth, disk and cpu. It's essential stat for droplet.

• Michael BallMichael Ball commented  · 

such wow
        very feature
        many needed
        much +3

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base