I suggest you ...

Datacenter in Germany

Datacenter in Germany, preferably Frankfurt. Important for costumer based in Europe, biggest internet exchange point in the world

870 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JanJan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Germany Digital OceanGermany Digital Ocean shared a merged idea: Germany Location - Berlin  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: German DataCenter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Open a data center in Frantfurt, Germany  ·   · 
    Michael BladowskiMichael Bladowski shared a merged idea: A location at germany  ·   · 
    started  ·  Moisey UretskyAdminMoisey Uretsky (Head of Product, DigitalOcean) responded  · 

We are super excited to announce that we’ve signed the contracts with our DC provider for a new DigitalOcean DC in Germany!

This means that in 2015 you’ll be able to spin up droplets in Frankfurt, Germany.

We’re going to be heads down getting everything ready for this launch for a couple of months and we thank you for your continued support.

Thanks,
    Moisey

59 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HansHans commented  · 

Thanks a lot! :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Thats a great step! @Moisey Uretsky: In order to be able to really use DigitalOcean here in Germany you will need to be certified according to ISO 27001. Is there a plan to do so or is Digital Ocean already certified?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Great!! Awesome news!!!

• Cagatay BelgenCagatay Belgen commented  · 

Germany is better for Turkish users, compared to Netherlands, because Turkey is directly connected to Germany. 2 hops less for me if you open datacenter in Germany.

• MaximilianMaximilian commented  · 

23Media has a great datacenter!

• Jason FriedrichJason Friedrich commented  · 

It would be great to have a DigitalOcean data center in Germany. The Frankfurt are would be best, since there is the DE-CIX and many great data centers are there. I can totally recommend the TeleCity group there.

• GoranGoran commented  · 

Frankfurt please

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base