or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandon OrtherBrandon Orther commented  · 

Looking to run Deis on DigitalOcean too. Add CoreOS... do it...

• Ben CochranBen Cochran commented  · 

+3 because of new the Deis switch to CoreOS...

• Milo de VriesMilo de Vries commented  · 

RE: deis: they're actually switching to CoreOS: https://github.com/opdemand/deis/blob/master/MIGRATING.md which is why I'm urging DO to implemement support. We're planning to run our production stack on deis as soon as it's production ready. We were also planning to do this on DO, but deis' move might make us switch to Amazon keep using Rackspace.

• David ConnerDavid Conner commented  · 

Please Please Please add CORE-OS support! This is seriously the sh!t right now. Flynn isn't ready. Deis doesn't do it right. Docker needs configuration management and CoreOS is THE best way to do it. I can't afford Rackspace or Amazon, but this would be badass.

• Alexander von GluckAlexander von Gluck commented  · 

This would be awesome. I'd love to deploy a bunch of CoreOS nodes to play with.

• JP BarringerJP Barringer commented  · 

It looks like this feature may be blocked by / dependent on 2 other features that are in the pipeline:

1) Using a custom image
        http://digitalocean.uservoice.com/forums/136585-digitalocean/suggestions/3276477-allow-custom-images

2) Using the droplet's own bootloader (for automatic updates on reboot) http://digitalocean.uservoice.com/forums/136585-digitalocean/suggestions/2814988-give-option-to-use-the-droplet-s-own-bootloader

These are both 'Started'. Does that mean we can consider this feature 'Planned' now? If so, any rough idea on when these two features will be in place?

(+3 votes)

• José RibeiroJosé Ribeiro commented  · 

This is a +3... I believe you know that your (early) Dokku base image support validated the idea that Docker is the future, and allowed many companies to adopt a Docker deployment workflow. I also think you know what CoreOS brings to the business. I would like to hear some news on this matter, at least cast us some light on the progress (as mentioned on the Twitter profile).

• Seth LumnahSeth Lumnah commented  · 

+1

I'd love to deploy my upcoming project on DigitalOcean running CoreOS

• NicolasNicolas commented  · 

I think CoreOS support would make us choose DO for our new startup, so +1 to that!

• Joni KähäräJoni Kähärä commented  · 

Thanks for the tip, stuart-warren.

This "tyranny of the majority" has its merits, but also severe limitations. For example, if the majority of users (numbers-wise) are "hobbyists", then there will be fewer votes given for features that would be important for business users. And a few business accounts could bring in (a lot) more money than an equal number of hobbyist accounts.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base