or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joe MifsudJoe Mifsud shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Moisey UretskyAdminMoisey Uretsky (Head of Product, DigitalOcean) responded  · 

Today we are extremely excited to announce the availability of CoreOS as a distro. With the release of CoreOS there are several behind the scenes updates which we implemented with this distro first. Those are a new metadata service and cloudinit support. Initially this is only for CoreOS and we’ll be collecting feedback from customers for any bugs that we may have missed during our own internal testing and with the CoreOS dev team and then move toward making the metadata service a publicly consumable service for any deploys in the future.

This is tracking an Alpha release of CoreOS and not Stable, and that is specifically because of some of the changes that the CoreOS team made to support how we deploy images, eventually those will be merged into Stable, so outside of those updates for support of DO the rest is based off of the Stable branch.

We also have a blog post up with details on the announcement along with a few helpful links to our community tutorials to help customers get started with CoreOS on DO.

https://www.digitalocean.com/company/blog/coreos-now-available-on-digitalocean/

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorial_series/getting-started-with-coreos-2

And certainly not last, but a huge thanks to the CoreOS dev team which provided a tremendous amount of support and help to getting CoreOS supported on DO.

Thanks!

157 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)