I suggest you ...

downgrade option, not just upgrade

We should have the possibility to also downgrade droplets, not just upgrade. Sometimes we need a lot of power for some operations, but then we don't for some time, or maybe not at all anymore, so it would be nice to be able to downgrade a droplet, not just to upgrade it.
The current solution is to create a new one with a smaller plan, but this means configuring, installing and doing all that stuff which takes time and is not portable.

2,573 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MirceaMircea shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    BashkimBashkim shared a merged idea: Make it possible to downgrade a droplet using it's image.  ·   · 
    Волошин РусланВолошин Руслан shared a merged idea: Decrease memory on my droplet  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The ability to downscale droplets using snapshots  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Downscale droplet instances  ·   · 
    AceAce shared a merged idea: Scale up and down resources  ·   · 
    OliverOliver shared a merged idea: Easier down-sizing of droplet  ·   · 

78 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alfonso M. L.Alfonso M. L. commented  · 

Doing some research in look for a new hosting home for an existing multi server deployment I discarded DO in favor of Linode just because the latter *does* allow you to scale down servers.
        Please, DO guys, take notice.

• Dan SmithDan Smith commented  · 

This is very annoying! When can we expect this to be implemented?

• Ben HarrisBen Harris commented  · 

Please add this functionality ASAP. This is very frustrating!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes the downgrade is a night mare for linux noob , In linode.com I can simply degrade and upgrade the plans with a single button click , But here it is process .

I f you do any wrong all your data is gone. so think Twice before downgrade the plan other wise mail me I do it for you $5. balu_icu@yahoo.com

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes the downgrade is a night mare for linux noob , In linode.com I can simply degrade and upgrade the plans with a single button click , But here it is process .

I f you do any wrong all your data is gone. so think Twice before downgrade the plan other wise mail me I do it for you $5.

• Anonymous commented  · 

What the f*ck i upgrade very simple, but now cant downgrade...What a nice trick digital ocean! BRAVO!

• Gal WeissmanGal Weissman commented  · 

Guys, PLEASE ENABLE DOWNGRADE option.
        This is a nightmare!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

It has been an year for this request... will DO every do it or it's just a dream that will never come true. If so, just let us know instead of hoping and waiting.

• Anonymous commented  · 

If it cannot be downgraded and I have to reinstall everything again, I will choose other provider that provides the flexibility.

• ITBGroupITBGroup commented  · 

ITBGroup believes that this functionality is required for DigitalOcean.

• the raethe rae commented  · 

pretty lame, I've been here one month just testing the waters on one vps at the recommendation of a colleague.... I couldn't think of a reason not to start migrating everything i could. I spend A LOT of money on physical servers and my colo-space and I'm so glad I only put my little toe in. very disappointing guys & gals of digital ocean.

• Robin S.Robin S. commented  · 

+2 Would be a lot more convenient.

• Cagatay BelgenCagatay Belgen commented  · 

fuck you digitalocean ! I am leaving you just because of that !!
        Even the shittiest smallest provider gives the option to downgrade !!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base