I suggest you ...

Asia Region Datacenter

DigitalOcean is so popular in Hostloc.com, a famous Chinese host talking forum. So more and more Chinese buy your vps these days. Not only can new asian datacenters bring you more money, but also Chinese can get high speed experience. As the Hostloc.com' webmaster, i suggest you set up new asian datacenters like Hong Kong and Japan. Thanks!

1,410 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndreasAndreas shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    templetemple shared a merged idea: Chinese Datacenter in PRC (People Republic of China)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Indonesia Data Center  ·   · 
    Ashvin SavaniAshvin Savani shared a merged idea: Singapore DC  ·   · 
    Jonathan AblanidaJonathan Ablanida shared a merged idea: Add an Asia Region  ·   · 

Hey guys,

We’ve launched our first POP in Asia in Singapore. We’re also actively working on establishing more peering relationships in the area as we’ve quickly learned that routing in the Asia Pacific region is a bit different than in the US or EU.

We’ve made significant headway in bringing on more peering in the last two weeks after our launch and we’re also bringing on new connectivity providers to improve latency for customers around the region including Korea, India, China, Japan, Thailand and Australia.

We are very excited to have extended our global footprint and we selected Singapore as a great central location for Asia that also has very business friendly logistics.

Thanks!

171 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ryush00ryush00 commented  · 

I used CloudFlare and SGP1. and I live in South Korea. and latency 600ms. We need a data center in Korea!

• djdjdjdjdjdj commented  · 

latency korea from SFO1 , SGP1 same 140ms hahaha
        we need vps located in japan :) japan (35ms) like linode or vultr !!

• MiracleMiracle commented  · 

ping higher to LA (ISP VNPT)
        please add peer at HKIX

• Maddie ZhanMaddie Zhan commented  · 

traceroute from China Telecom to SGP1 node first goes to Japan then works it way to Singapore, which makes the latency very high (~300ms).

using China Mobile network yields a much better result (~80ms)

hmm..

• Ian HeggieIan Heggie commented  · 

For those that care ... In comparison google.com.au is min/avg/max/mdev = 39.208/54.754/146.476/32.295 ms
        for me ... so hosting in australia would still make a difference.

My ISP (www.internode.com.au) is min/avg/max/mdev = 36.555/40.796/58.936/6.962 ms

An Avg 29.2 ms of the time is getting to my next hop lns20.mel4.on.ii.net

• Ian HeggieIan Heggie commented  · 

Congradulations - I look forward to the new peering.

At the moment san fran has a more consistant performance for me.

I did a quick ping check from three different computers based in victoria, australia that have different internet provider setups (one aapt, one internode(iinet), one a load share between telstra and internode. I created fresh droplets in each center and then did ten pings to each, repeated three times.

Basically san franscisco and singapore turned out to be neck and neck:

SanFran min 185.7 avg 204.1 (best) max 222.0 (best) Mstd 8.1 (best)
        Sinapore min 111.8 (best) avg 213.0 max 228.0 Mstd 9.5

In comparison the worst avg was:

Amsterdam-2 min 337.5 avg 356.7, max 380.4, Mstd 10.9

(For the curious, the max value is the average of the three max value runs, to better reflect typical maximums, the min is the min of the thre minimums because I was trying to find the shortest time it could be)

• templetemple commented  · 

Could you guy update the blog on the status more frequently?

It is so high latency from China, it is not worth to use SG compare to SFO1

• Matt FreemanMatt Freeman commented  · 

Any possibility of peering at SGIX and is it Equinix SG? For example nearly all Thailand providers peer here (and unlike their transit these are largely uncongested), it almost critical for a SG host. Bonus points if you also sort a connection to HKIX.

• Josiah FordahlJosiah Fordahl commented  · 

Do we have a new timeframe on the Asia launch?

• Anonymous commented  · 

why still not have. HOW LONG????!!!

• od3nod3n commented  · 

any updates on Singapore DC?

• Ed YeoEd Yeo commented  · 

hi there, any updates on the Singapore launch? can't wait to get out of my crappy webhost and use Digitalocean.

• Anonymous commented  · 

waiting for Singapore Location :)
        salam from Indonesia

• Anonymous commented  · 

Asian Region is great - but my company will only support servers in Australia. Are you planning to have a center in Sydney (like Amazon)?

• Javed AkhtarJaved Akhtar commented  · 

when i can order vps from Singapore location??
        it's already February now

• Dash BitlaDash Bitla commented  · 

Waaaaiiiiting !

Is the Count Down started? Only 3 more days left in Jan 14, looking forward for the announcement.

• mfo33mfo33 commented  · 

Got my script ready :)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base