I suggest you ...

Allow Custom Images

Allow users to upload ISO's of Linux installations they would like to use. For instance, I was hoping to install Slackware 14; if users could upload their own ISOs you wouldn't have to keep adding distros as they wanted them.

4,364 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cora SykesCora Sykes shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    James StanwayJames Stanway shared a merged idea: Support custom distros my mounting an ISO  ·   · 
    ChetanChetan shared a merged idea: Please add a feature to import or export image into Digital Ocean, So that we can download or upload image to Digital Ocean.  ·   · 
    Pierre DabrunstPierre Dabrunst shared a merged idea: adding so I can install my own OS  ·   · 
    Rusu IulianRusu Iulian shared a merged idea: Droplet creation proces  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: convert a VMDK to a Digital Ocean Droplet  ·   · 
    iskisk shared a merged idea: create droplets with our own images (ISO)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Own Os  ·   · 
    Fabrizio GiammatteoFabrizio Giammatteo shared a merged idea: It would be great to import KVM existing machines as droplets  ·   · 
    Alessandro BaccanelliAlessandro Baccanelli shared a merged idea: upload of vmware disk or vhd...It would be wonderful!!!  ·   · 
    Francesco ManconeFrancesco Mancone shared a merged idea: Allow people to upload custom Virtual Machines with their own application stack.  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: Provide the ability to create a droplet from a VM.  ·   · 
    Meds DebMeds Deb shared a merged idea: esx / vmware  ·   · 
    Mitchell McMillanMitchell McMillan shared a merged idea: Add mailinabox as a 1-click install  ·   · 
    jmartinsjmartins shared a merged idea: Manjaro Net Editon (Archlinux Image)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Provide more of the popular Linux flavors such as openSUSE OR atleast allow users to create their own images or upload their ISOs  ·   · 
    JordanJordan shared a merged idea: With the deprication of Arch, is it possible to implement a way to upload custom images?  ·   · 
    Demet KayhanDemet Kayhan shared a merged idea: Add Debian 7.4 to the standard OS images list  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Ability to send local image of virtualBox system to digitalocean cloud vps.  ·   · 
    李开元李开元 shared a merged idea: Allow to upload custom virtual disks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add asterisknow ISO  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Offer a bigger droplets images portfolio  ·   · 
    Ataliba TeixeiraAtaliba Teixeira shared a merged idea: Slackware Image  ·   · 
    Pascal MathisPascal Mathis shared a merged idea: Support own operating system images  ·   · 
    Raphael BastosRaphael Bastos shared a merged idea: Funtoo Linux  ·   · 
    Thomas FjellstromThomas Fjellstrom shared a merged idea: Ability to upload pre-installed system images  ·   · 
    Mathew KeetonMathew Keeton shared a merged idea: Ability to install your own OS such as windows?  ·   · 
    RazvanRazvan shared a merged idea: Bring gentoo image back  ·   · 
    ramziramzi shared a merged idea: i like to install image from iso  ·   · 

334 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Do you guys have any news abouts this ?

• James StanwayJames Stanway commented  · 

Users should be able to mount their distort of choice and install it

• davidakdavidak commented  · 

this is really a basic feature everybody would be happy to have

• AntonioAntonio commented  · 

Elasichosts offers this bit.ly/1JXq3SH even on a free trial.

• BjornBjorn commented  · 

Still nothing, really weird since this is a great feature to implement.

• Anonymous commented  · 

More than 4K votes and still nothing?!!!
        This is a vital feature and it should be there to help Sys-Admins in a variety of situations (i.e. Install custom OS, Load an OS iso for recovery and ...)

• Răzvan-Sebastian BotezRăzvan-Sebastian Botez commented  · 

Not sure what to think about DO if a feature that was requested more than three years ago and confirmed to be in beta testing has not yet been pushed in production.

What's the holdup? Why aren't any updates on this?

• etech3etech3 commented  · 

You really need to allow Slackware, custom ISOs

• SeidrSeidr commented  · 

Heya - I saw back in 2012 there was mention of this feature being in beta. Was this worked on any further, by any chance? Installing from an ISO is the *only* thing missing from DO to meet my needs.

Thanks!

James H

• Gary T. GiesenGary T. Giesen commented  · 

Signed up for an account with DO, found it didn't have this feature, and immediately moved to Vultr with higher spec hardware at a lower price. I would move back to DO (even at the higher prices) if this was implemented because I like their DC locations better.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Pls i relly need it

• UnHa KimUnHa Kim commented  · 

This is a backup vote for the event when OpenBSD droplet is not accepted.
        With Custom Images, OpenBSD could be deployable.
        pf of OpenBSD is good for firewall, traffic-shaping, load-balancing, VPN, encryption, etc.
        Custom Image will be less convenient than droplet but it is acceptable.
        Vultur also does not give OpenBSD image but allow custome install.

• ChetanChetan commented  · 

It will Help us to import Image to start a new Droplet with existing data and code structure, As sometimes we dont want to make changes to server which results in big cost for company.

• JohnJohn commented  · 

I would love to play around with slackware 14 on a digitalocean droplet. This would be a very nice feature.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Please i really need this feature

• Anonymous commented  · 

What is going on with this?

• Pierre DabrunstPierre Dabrunst commented  · 

I want to see the function that I can upload my own OS. I am making my own OS and I would like to install it on my doplet. I would like to see that I can install my own custom OS by uploading it to my ISO files.

• Jonathan ByersJonathan Byers commented  · 

Vultr.com has custom ISO and Windows capabilities. This lets me run my custom windows application along side my Linux clusters and let's me use custom ISOs like Zen Load balancer.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base