I suggest you ...

Allow Custom Images

Allow users to upload ISO's of Linux installations they would like to use. For instance, I was hoping to install Slackware 14; if users could upload their own ISOs you wouldn't have to keep adding distros as they wanted them.

4,193 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cora SykesCora Sykes shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    ChetanChetan shared a merged idea: Please add a feature to import or export image into Digital Ocean, So that we can download or upload image to Digital Ocean.  ·   · 
    Pierre DabrunstPierre Dabrunst shared a merged idea: adding so I can install my own OS  ·   · 
    Rusu IulianRusu Iulian shared a merged idea: Droplet creation proces  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: convert a VMDK to a Digital Ocean Droplet  ·   · 
    iskisk shared a merged idea: create droplets with our own images (ISO)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Own Os  ·   · 
    Fabrizio GiammatteoFabrizio Giammatteo shared a merged idea: It would be great to import KVM existing machines as droplets  ·   · 
    Alessandro BaccanelliAlessandro Baccanelli shared a merged idea: upload of vmware disk or vhd...It would be wonderful!!!  ·   · 
    Francesco ManconeFrancesco Mancone shared a merged idea: Allow people to upload custom Virtual Machines with their own application stack.  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: Provide the ability to create a droplet from a VM.  ·   · 
    Meds DebMeds Deb shared a merged idea: esx / vmware  ·   · 
    Mitchell McMillanMitchell McMillan shared a merged idea: Add mailinabox as a 1-click install  ·   · 
    jmartinsjmartins shared a merged idea: Manjaro Net Editon (Archlinux Image)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Provide more of the popular Linux flavors such as openSUSE OR atleast allow users to create their own images or upload their ISOs  ·   · 
    JordanJordan shared a merged idea: With the deprication of Arch, is it possible to implement a way to upload custom images?  ·   · 
    Demet KayhanDemet Kayhan shared a merged idea: Add Debian 7.4 to the standard OS images list  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Ability to send local image of virtualBox system to digitalocean cloud vps.  ·   · 
    李开元李开元 shared a merged idea: Allow to upload custom virtual disks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add asterisknow ISO  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Offer a bigger droplets images portfolio  ·   · 
    Ataliba TeixeiraAtaliba Teixeira shared a merged idea: Slackware Image  ·   · 
    Pascal MathisPascal Mathis shared a merged idea: Support own operating system images  ·   · 
    Raphael BastosRaphael Bastos shared a merged idea: Funtoo Linux  ·   · 
    Thomas FjellstromThomas Fjellstrom shared a merged idea: Ability to upload pre-installed system images  ·   · 
    Mathew KeetonMathew Keeton shared a merged idea: Ability to install your own OS such as windows?  ·   · 
    RazvanRazvan shared a merged idea: Bring gentoo image back  ·   · 
    ramziramzi shared a merged idea: i like to install image from iso  ·   · 

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • SeidrSeidr commented  · 

Heya - I saw back in 2012 there was mention of this feature being in beta. Was this worked on any further, by any chance? Installing from an ISO is the *only* thing missing from DO to meet my needs.

James H

• Gary T. GiesenGary T. Giesen commented  · 

Signed up for an account with DO, found it didn't have this feature, and immediately moved to Vultr with higher spec hardware at a lower price. I would move back to DO (even at the higher prices) if this was implemented because I like their DC locations better.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Pls i relly need it

• UnHa KimUnHa Kim commented  · 

This is a backup vote for the event when OpenBSD droplet is not accepted.
        With Custom Images, OpenBSD could be deployable.
        pf of OpenBSD is good for firewall, traffic-shaping, load-balancing, VPN, encryption, etc.
        Custom Image will be less convenient than droplet but it is acceptable.
        Vultur also does not give OpenBSD image but allow custome install.

• ChetanChetan commented  · 

It will Help us to import Image to start a new Droplet with existing data and code structure, As sometimes we dont want to make changes to server which results in big cost for company.

• JohnJohn commented  · 

I would love to play around with slackware 14 on a digitalocean droplet. This would be a very nice feature.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Please i really need this feature

• Anonymous commented  · 

What is going on with this?

• Pierre DabrunstPierre Dabrunst commented  · 

I want to see the function that I can upload my own OS. I am making my own OS and I would like to install it on my doplet. I would like to see that I can install my own custom OS by uploading it to my ISO files.

• Jonathan ByersJonathan Byers commented  · 

Vultr.com has custom ISO and Windows capabilities. This lets me run my custom windows application along side my Linux clusters and let's me use custom ISOs like Zen Load balancer.

• josejose commented  · 

+1 to XFS filesystem on Ubuntu

• mhmh commented  · 

i needed 6.5 centos and its not there ...very upsetting.

• TyrelTyrel commented  · 

Please, please, this would be amazing! Also not just ISO's purhapse more importantly, I would really like to upload vms from vmware or virtual box.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This idea is oder then three years. I think it is not in the roadmap of DO

• lechindianerlechindianer commented  · 

With custom ISOs I would be able to install OpenBSD on a DigitalOcean server... That would be great!
        I'll wait for the announcement that DO offers OpenBSD / ISO upload on bsdnow.tv :)

• Shawn WoodburyShawn Woodbury commented  · 

This really needs to be done to keep D.O. competitive with other services. Right now they are lagging a bit behind others as I see many many services like them with this option as a default. I am looking for a place to upload some Slackware templates and unfortunately it will not work here. I have wasted 10 bucks and I am not really happy now. I will have to go to a competitor now to get what I need.Based on this fact alone I will ot be recommending D.O. as a serious place for business to my friends or customers.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base