I suggest you ...

Allow Custom Images

Allow users to upload ISO's of Linux installations they would like to use. For instance, I was hoping to install Slackware 14; if users could upload their own ISOs you wouldn't have to keep adding distros as they wanted them.

3,661 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cora SykesCora Sykes shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: convert a VMDK to a Digital Ocean Droplet  ·   · 
    iskisk shared a merged idea: create droplets with our own images (ISO)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Own Os  ·   · 
    Fabrizio GiammatteoFabrizio Giammatteo shared a merged idea: It would be great to import KVM existing machines as droplets  ·   · 
    Alessandro BaccanelliAlessandro Baccanelli shared a merged idea: upload of vmware disk or vhd...It would be wonderful!!!  ·   · 
    Francesco ManconeFrancesco Mancone shared a merged idea: Allow people to upload custom Virtual Machines with their own application stack.  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: Provide the ability to create a droplet from a VM.  ·   · 
    Meds DebMeds Deb shared a merged idea: esx / vmware  ·   · 
    Mitchell McMillanMitchell McMillan shared a merged idea: Add mailinabox as a 1-click install  ·   · 
    jmartinsjmartins shared a merged idea: Manjaro Net Editon (Archlinux Image)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Provide more of the popular Linux flavors such as openSUSE OR atleast allow users to create their own images or upload their ISOs  ·   · 
    JordanJordan shared a merged idea: With the deprication of Arch, is it possible to implement a way to upload custom images?  ·   · 
    Demet KayhanDemet Kayhan shared a merged idea: Add Debian 7.4 to the standard OS images list  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Ability to send local image of virtualBox system to digitalocean cloud vps.  ·   · 
    李开元李开元 shared a merged idea: Allow to upload custom virtual disks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add asterisknow ISO  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Offer a bigger droplets images portfolio  ·   · 
    Ataliba TeixeiraAtaliba Teixeira shared a merged idea: Slackware Image  ·   · 
    Pascal MathisPascal Mathis shared a merged idea: Support own operating system images  ·   · 
    Raphael BastosRaphael Bastos shared a merged idea: Funtoo Linux  ·   · 
    Thomas FjellstromThomas Fjellstrom shared a merged idea: Ability to upload pre-installed system images  ·   · 
    Mathew KeetonMathew Keeton shared a merged idea: Ability to install your own OS such as windows?  ·   · 
    RazvanRazvan shared a merged idea: Bring gentoo image back  ·   · 
    ramziramzi shared a merged idea: i like to install image from iso  ·   · 

293 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Only reason why I'm not using DO yet...

• Anonymous commented  · 

I also need this feature as well.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I want to run IPCop, in VPS as my first Firewall.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Gentoo++, ¿why is not ready yet?

• Axel FontaineAxel Fontaine commented  · 

What is really needed here is not custom ISOs, but the ability to import custom disk images in either RAW or VMDK format

• peterpeter commented  · 

Centos 7 + Microweber

• AlexAlex commented  · 

ISO for freepbx i have a small PBX that i need running.

• Craig McKieCraig McKie commented  · 

People moving to Vultr because it gives more. People don't realize the time and money it costs to bring new features.

In my opinion, a custom ISO would be great. But there's usually the trouble of having to configure the networking yourself.

• SteveSteve commented  · 

+Gentoo linux
        +DragonFlyBSD

• Anonymous commented  · 

openbsd should be added considering the new features in the upcoming 5.7 release and that its minimalistic footprint is perfect for hosting pf and liber

• shymegashymega commented  · 

Indeed, this would be a great feature, I look forward to DO's response...

• Erik NordstroemErik Nordstroem commented  · 

+3. I have a need for this now. I am not a big customer -- I only have two VPS-es currently. I have been using DO for quite a while now and would rather not leave them but unless we can have custom images soon, I may have to begin looking at what other providers are offering.

• Tyler SowersTyler Sowers commented  · 

https://twitter.com/digitalocean/status/176338623053045760 Where is this feature? Why on earth is DigitalOcean completely stalling on anything having to do with custom uploading/downloading of images? It's really scary that people have been asking for this so long and there hasn't been so much of a peep from them. What's the point of uservoice if you don't talk to your customers?

• ExidonExidon commented  · 

want this ;-)

• Lucun CaiLucun Cai commented  · 

It is a very very useful feature!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base