I suggest you ...

Allow Custom Images

Allow users to upload ISO's of Linux installations they would like to use. For instance, I was hoping to install Slackware 14; if users could upload their own ISOs you wouldn't have to keep adding distros as they wanted them.

2,683 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cora SykesCora Sykes shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: Provide the ability to create a droplet from a VM.  ·   · 
    Meds DebMeds Deb shared a merged idea: esx / vmware  ·   · 
    Mitchell McMillanMitchell McMillan shared a merged idea: Add mailinabox as a 1-click install  ·   · 
    jmartinsjmartins shared a merged idea: Manjaro Net Editon (Archlinux Image)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Provide more of the popular Linux flavors such as openSUSE OR atleast allow users to create their own images or upload their ISOs  ·   · 
    JordanJordan shared a merged idea: With the deprication of Arch, is it possible to implement a way to upload custom images?  ·   · 
    Demet KayhanDemet Kayhan shared a merged idea: Add Debian 7.4 to the standard OS images list  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Ability to send local image of virtualBox system to digitalocean cloud vps.  ·   · 
    李开元李开元 shared a merged idea: Allow to upload custom virtual disks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add asterisknow ISO  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Offer a bigger droplets images portfolio  ·   · 
    Ataliba TeixeiraAtaliba Teixeira shared a merged idea: Slackware Image  ·   · 
    Pascal MathisPascal Mathis shared a merged idea: Support own operating system images  ·   · 
    Raphael BastosRaphael Bastos shared a merged idea: Funtoo Linux  ·   · 
    Thomas FjellstromThomas Fjellstrom shared a merged idea: Ability to upload pre-installed system images  ·   · 
    Mathew KeetonMathew Keeton shared a merged idea: Ability to install your own OS such as windows?  ·   · 
    RazvanRazvan shared a merged idea: Bring gentoo image back  ·   · 
    ramziramzi shared a merged idea: i like to install image from iso  ·   · 

232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HakimHakim commented  · 

I really need to see if Kali Linux image can be uploaded.

• Anonymous commented  · 

ye wan custom ISO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Being able to create a server from a VM in addition to ISO would be fantastic. Some tools are primarily distributed in a VM instead of ISO.

• Dean ADean A commented  · 

Would LOVE to see this. This is a great idea and would make digital ocean my replacement for environment testing with applications and scripts.

• rabzrabz commented  · 

upload own vm images at least, so we don't have to rebuild

• Alice Bevan-McGregorAlice Bevan-McGregor commented  · 

"Releasing it in the future."

The future is here, it's knocking angrily on the door and wondering where the hojek its feature is.

• Cody GoodmanCody Goodman commented  · 

So it's pretty crappy there haven't been any responses here... Amazon EC2 is expensive... but at least they provide good customer support.

• Christopher KuttruffChristopher Kuttruff commented  · 

+1 If I can't have more flexibility to use a custom distribution, I'm going to have to look at other hosting options. I have used ubuntu at work, but my heart belongs to slackware, and I definitely would like to run it on my DO box.

Come on digital ocean, you do such a great job on so many fronts; this would be an amazing addition :)

• pixlinepixline commented  · 

Either allow for custom images or broaden the actual choice of distros, somewhat limited.
        We really need to have some DO options like freebsd/pfSense or Slackware Linux at least.

• HansHans commented  · 

This is a must have for our business to switch to Digital Ocean.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is so overdue. I need this ASAP or I will have to go to another provider

• Anonymous commented  · 

better than uploading your on ISOs would be the option to share images so that any user could initialize them (like AMI).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base