I suggest you ...

New Control Panel FeedBack

We've decided to launch the new control panel as a public beta while we continue to develop it:
https://beta.digitalocean.com

Please give us your feedback, whether you like it, hate it, or what you would like to see. Also let us know what bothers you about the current control panel so we can work it into this revision!

Thanks!

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Moisey UretskyAdminMoisey Uretsky (Head of Product, DigitalOcean) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

165 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • The Digital OrchardThe Digital Orchard commented  · 

@Moisley said below... "That will be handled on the billing side of things, we aren't billing for bandwidth yet which is why the change isn't reflected."

Oh... when Digital Ocean does start billing for bandwidth, is the affordable attractive pricing that we're enjoying now gonna be gone? Not looking to be cheap, but don't want any surprises. If I roll out dozens of Droplets, could my monthly costs suddenly skyrocket once bandwidth billing is implemented? That would shut my business down.

• Moisey UretskyAdminMoisey Uretsky (Head of Product, DigitalOcean) commented  · 

Thanks for the feedback!

We've fixed up a couple of the things already mentioned and they should be available on the next deploy.

You can name the snapshots just the text box needs to be highlighted better.

We've disabled the ability to create without all of the fields being properly selected.

We'll be adding the image rename - since that is missing.

Thanks

• Main VoxinessMain Voxiness commented  · 

- asside of being in reverse order support messages are just all mixed up and unreadable

- comment box is way too far and could be at top. Uservoice commenting system could be a reference

- If I make a mistake in the create new droplet like wrong hostname I have to reset all my options in the form

- You added Enable VirtIO (Beta) but provide 0 information about this new feature

- It is not possible to set the name of snapshot when taking it from the Droplets menu instead of the "Images" menu entry

- Previously it was also possible to see which tickets had unread replies today it's all pale

• Moisey UretskyAdminMoisey Uretsky (Head of Product, DigitalOcean) commented  · 

Thanks for bringing these to our attention we are going to get them fixed up and deployed today.

Also testing the rebuild - we added more functionality there where you can rebuild to any image you have as opposed to just the original and will review that to ensure it's working correctly.

Thanks

- Support messages appear in reverse order order. Now i have to scroll all the way down.
        - New Support messages loose all their formating
        - The interface was working better on my window resolution before ... Now i have to zoom out to 75%.
        - It's not possible to rebuild a droplet anymore

wtf plz revert to previous version before u fix all bugs

• MorthawtMorthawt commented  · 

Moisey Uretsky this new GUI still... still does not reflect the fact of unlimited data grandfathered in people have no bandwidth limits. The old GUI showed correctly that there are no limits but now it says the standard bandwidth limits.

Thanks to everyone who contributed comments, feedback, likes, and dislikes. We hope that we've been transparent in the process of building and launching this new update to the CP and it lays a lot of ground work for many of the new forward facing features that we are putting together.

We are going to mark this item as completed but if anyone sees any bugs or any other optimizations please open up another request and we'll look to get them implemented as soon as we can.

We hope that we are moving in the right direction with this update and doing right by our customers.

We've also seen that it's becoming ever more important for us to improve our communication about changes, what we are working on, and when it will be deployed so we will be looking to roll out an engineering / releases like update, most likely directly tied into the CP so that everyone can stay up to date on what specifically we are working on and when.

Thanks!

• Michael SheakoskiMichael Sheakoski commented  · 

On the "Create Droplet" page, I don't think that the Enable VirtIO (Beta) checkbox field's current design is a good idea because the checkbox, which is meant to be interacted with, is positioned and designed the same as the lock/camera/droplet icon decorations. It also seems a bit out of place at the bottom of the form. Since it's more OS-related, shouldn't it be in the "Linux Distributions" tab?

Also, I noticed that the 3-column grid of hosts, operating systems, ssh keys, etc... doesn't line up consistently throughout the form because each section has different padding.

• Aaron CannonAaron Cannon commented  · 

The screen for creating a droplet suffers from the same issues as the old interface did in terms of accessibility. Not sure if the size and location options are supposed to be styled as checkboxes or what, but they're not marked up with any native html controls, nor do they have any aria roles or properties assigned that would inform a screen reader user what they do or whether or not they are selected.

• NealNeal commented  · 

I have added my SSH keys, yet when I try to create a new droplet, it still says "Your root password will be emailed to you" (not sure if it actually sends it or not, but at least it says.).

• Anonymous commented  · 

For me anyway, snapshots are not shown and the "Member since" date under Settings is wrong.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base